Wishtrend

Saturday, August 1, 2015

I'M FROM Honey Mask Review

Quite recently I made a Wishtrend haul. (Click here to browse Wishtrend. It is an affliate link). I was starting to fall in love with Asian skincare products again. An item that I picked up in that haul is the Honey Mask by I'M FROM. It has amazing reviews and was sold out for a long time....which meant I wanted to try it.

The product says that it contains 38.7% real honey, which means not diluted honey. Honey is great for your skin. Honey is antioxidant and it is able to retain moisture. If you've ever made any skin care mask DIY or looked up any, a lot of them will include honey in it.

This product is selling for $28.43 (USD). There is free shipping if you spend over $69 (USD)

I have normal skin type that is acne prone. So let's get reviewing this product.


So the container that it comes in is simple and has a honeycomb patter embossed onto it (click the picture to enlarge to see the detail). I like that it is simple. It makes it seem more like something vintagey....lol if that's how  I want to describe it. It has the details of the products on the other sides, but I can't read Korean so they were useless to me. However, I bought this item from Wishtrend and they described the item quite well. The container included a spatula (not pictured) for easy product removal. I don't believe I will be using it too often. I use up my masks fairly quickly and reusing the spatula without disinfecting it between uses will end up creating more bacteria anyways. 

The container is also simple and although not eye catching, I enjoy the simplicity of it. The jar reminds me of a container that I can actually store honey in. (If you haven't noticed yet, I really appreciate the simplicity of things). 

The consistency of it reminds me of honey. It looks quite gloopy and unappealing, doesn't it (T.T), but when I mixed it up (with a chopstick in order to stir up the product at the bottom too) and applied some on my hand to try it wasn't bad. The consistency is smooth and when I washed it off it felt as if there was a barrier protecting my skin. 
The scent didn't really appeal to me at first. I read a lot of other reviews that said that it smells like honey...uh uh honey...(did you see what I did there! lol) don't kid yourself. It doesn't really smell appealing at all. It was a bit off putting and made me not want to put it on my face. However, after awhile I got used to the scent I decided that it wasn't as offensive as I had thought previously. 

After I applied it on it looks like a clear film was on my skin. (I choose my worst side to show you guys because this is the side that I want to look better and for my scars and acne to heal). It was easily applied. Before applying this mask on I had cleansed my face with my foam cleanser and with a damp face I applied the product on. I applied it thinly and evenly all over my face, avoiding the eye area and mouth. I left it on for about 30 mins, but you can leave it on for an hour if needed. 

I was terrified that when I washed it off it would be hard to remove, but it was an easy process. I used lukewarm water and washed it off. The more you wash it off the less it felt like a film was covering your face. 
SKIN TIP: avoid scrubbing your face or splashing the water onto your face. Instead cup the water in your hand and pat your face softly to remove the product. Imagine that your face is a newborn baby. You wouldn't splash water onto your baby like that. By gently removing the product it avoids overstimulating the skin. 

My skin before and after (photo isn't edited.) There was a HUGE! difference. My skin is less red and you can see that the acne spots appear to be much calmer than before. This picture is taken right after using the mask and patting my face dry. I didn't do anything else to my face after that. 
Using a toner after this mask removed the remaining products that I missed while washing it with just water. My face looked amazing afterwards. 

I give this product a 


So far I would buy it again. It is moisturizing and it made my redness go away and calmed my skin down. The next day my skin felt smoother and much nicer. 

You can purchase this product here
Quick disclaimer: I bought all these products with my own money and I am not getting paid to review them. My opinions are my own. 




No comments:

Post a Comment